Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bring on the Adoption Benefit Sale

Won't you join me for a quick travelogue showcasing our preparations for the big sale....
In this first shot we will see mounds of garage sale merchandise. I am blown away by all the donations we've received for the Adoption Benefit Sale at our Church this weekend! We've got piles and piles of great stuff. Thanks for cleaning out your closets everyone! I just want to take a minute and brag on our Church family and let you all know how supportive and generous they have been.
Our preacher, the Rev. Scott Burdick has been a great support... you'll see him at the sale selling hot dogs and popcorn to bring our children home. What a great guy. I tried to talk him into sitting in a dunk tank but that idea didn't fly. Here's a shot of him with his adorable little girl who was a great help entertaining Noah and Lydia while we were sorting stuff.
Toni and Vicki and Laura were awesome at pricing the merchandise this week. You girls are amazing. In the next photo we will see Vicki modeling some great 80's wear. Michael Jackson would be proud. Vicki , however will probably kill me for posting this. Many others from the church are planning to make baked goods to sell. My brother-in-law even drove down from Grand Rapids with a truckload of merchandise to donate. Our neighbors gave us enough stuff to furnish a small home. And the list goes on and on. We feel so blessed. Thanks to all of you who have given so generously of your time and stuff. We are all tagged up and mostly sorted so all that's left to do is to pray for good weather and lots of shoppers on Saturday.
This last picture is of Lydia dancing around in circles after drinking lots of lemonade. I figured that the best way to end a travelogue is with a cute face. And here's to hoping that when it's all said and done we'll be one step closer to a couple more cute faces.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Kris, I love this blog! (Didn't know you were such a computer wiz.) My favorite thing is the list of steps in the adoption! How encouraging it is to see your children coming closer to you!

I am praying for your family and for the adoption!

Em said...

I'm so glad I have a way to know all about your life now :) ..
God is faithful and I'm so excited to see all the progress so far. I'm pumped to be able to help out soon! and don't worry.. I'll be there to hold down the fort when you go to pick your babies up.