Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ethiopia 101

Since I can't complain about pregnancy pains, or even paperwork pains anymore I was thinking that I should do something useful. And thus, the "Ethiopia 101" idea for a series of posts was conceived. I truly enjoy learning about Ethiopia and her people and hope you will join me as I post what I have learned in hopes of becoming better acquainted with the country two of our children call home. So here goes...

Let's start with the basics.

The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia is located on the eastern side of the African Continent. This area is called the Horn of Africa.

It is a land-locked country (no access to the sea or ocean), bordered by Sudan to the west, Djibouti and Eritrea to the north, Somalia to the east, and Kenya to the south. It's land area is 435071 sq. miles, almost 5 times the size of the State of Michigan.


Take a look at this map... and stay posted for more on this great country.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I didn't know it was land locked. Thanks for the info, Kris!

Kris said...

Thanks Nicole for being such a faithful follower of my blog! It's great to know that someones actually reading this stuff:) Have a great Easter!