Monday, January 18, 2010

Nine Month Check-up

Minna was in for her nine month check-up last week and she is doing great! She's up to 17.1 pounds! Way to eat Min! She's in the 25th percentile for height, 15% for weight and 75% for head circumference. And the best news is that she's finally gardia-free! Yeah for a happy, healthy baby!

Oh and she's got skills too... She can clap her hands, blow kisses, cluck her tongue, pitch a royal fit, self- feed puffs, say mama and dada, scoot around on her tummy (usually in circles), play peek-a-boo with a blanket, and be as cute as you can imagine.

My favorite time is at night when we snuggle up for her bedtime bottle and she snuggles her face into me and then looks at my face and gives me the sweetest grins and snuggles some more. She really is the happiest baby I have ever been around and she is such a sweet blessing!

We've been home just over six months now and Haile (high-lee)is doing really well too. Every day I feel like we all fit together and understand each other so much better. We have a lot of fun together and love to laugh with each other. He is understanding the flow of the family and we are understanding what makes him tick. Everything is seeming more normal now and behavior issues are no longer an everyday battle. We are gel'in.

Haile and Lydia have started an indoor soccer instructional class that they both enjoy immensely. Haile received his first pair of soccer cleats as well, which was super fun to watch. He was so excited that he kissed them and tucked them in at night. The next day he put them on as soon as he woke up and wore them all day long. Every Tuesday he gets dressed in full soccer gear (including cleats and shin guards) straight out of bed and sports this look all day until his class ends at 8:00pm. I just love his smile. I love that he and Lydia can play soccer together too. They are always either the best friends you could ever be, or the most bickering, competitive brother and sister you every met. It's like a switch. I'd like to duct tape it in a certain direction, never to be switched again. But I guess I'll take what I can get. They sure are adorable when they are switched on to best buddies.

All the kids are doing well with school and Haile's English has improved drastically. He still says some funny things like "oooooch" instead of "ouch" and they are so cute I hate to correct him, but I suppose I better get on them before they stick.

Thanks for reading, I hope to update more often than I have been but of course, we'll have to see how it goes...

Until next time, be happy and blessed!

No comments: