Saturday, September 20, 2008

Party all night long!

It was definitely a party at the Andrews' house last night. First we had a stomach flu party, then a carpet cleaning party, followed by another stomach flu party. Now we are having a ginger ale and crackers party and are just about to begin the laundry party! I'm so sorry if you didn't get an invitation, but it's probably for the better.:)

The kids were super sweet but it's just so hard to watch them lying around with pale faces knowing that there's not much I can do to help with the exception of a back rub and a cool washcloth. In the midst of it all, I found myself wondering how I would fare as a mother of four sick kids. How could I rub all their backs and comfort them all at the same time?

A friend of the family whom we respect very much often quotes this scripture, which I'm sure applies to all my fears:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Now I just have to work on acknowledging Him in all my ways...

No comments: