Monday, June 22, 2009

Court Date

I had been going crazy waiting for the phone to ring and then Ben received an e-mail last week with news of court date. It is exactly 2 weeks from today! On July 6th, our case will be heard in Ethiopian court and we are praying that we will pass the first time through, of course, because I want to go get those kids and bring them home and take care of them! After court it's an approximate 2-4 weeks until we travel. Yipes, lots to do.

Some other things that have been happening are:

1. I have painted the nursery and hope to finish putting it all together next weekend... or perhaps the one after that.

2. We have found a wonderful woman to carry our care packages to our little ones when she travels to pick up her newest family member on the fourth of July.

3. We get to go get shots this week... whoohoo! Or shall I say, boo hoo!

4. I have pre-applied to one grant, applied to one grant and I am almost done with another application. Pray for good news...and fast news!

5. The yahoo chat group I am a part of is a wealth of information on packing, special formula for malnourished babies, Ethiopian travel tips, the type of bottles used at the transition home, and a hundred other things. Yeah for people who have been there, done that, and lived to tell about it!

That's all for now because I need to go to bed. Early morning tomorrow. Over and out.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's awesome! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I will be trying to stay on YG to hear of the news of your court while we are there!!!! I have skimmed through your blogs...I'm so glad God has blessed your family with much of the finances needed for your adoption!! Awesome!! We just got 2,000 this week from a place here in MO!