Thursday, June 11, 2009

I want to tell you...but I can't

After two days of virtually no sleep (because my mind was racing all night and all day long) we have signed our acceptance of the referral of our two children! I am exhausted and I ready for a vacation. It was crazy. The referral call didn't come when I was planning on it, the kids were different ages than I thought they would be, my emotions were different than I expected, plus through all this my husband was out of town!

But none of that really matters, what matters is that now we are six. And the nannies at transition home will be talking to our kiddos about us and explaining to them what will be happening next. It must be scary to think that some family from the other side of the world is coming to pick them up soon. Poor babies. The whole situation is so much to wrap your head and your heart around. I can barely handle it and I'm, well let's say, 27 years old.

If you're looking for something to pray for... please pray that we would get a court date in July and that we would pass court the first time through. If this happens, we will travel in August and pick them up. If we do not pass court by the end of July we will not be able to bring them home until October/ November because of court closures during the rainy season.

And if you're looking for something to do... come on over and help me get their rooms set up. Ha... just kidding!

So... about the kids, I STILL can't tell you anything because nothing is official until we pass court. And I am dying to tell you! But the good news is if we find a friendly family that is traveling soon we can send little care packages over to them with that family. The kids got really excited about this idea and were bugging me to go shopping all day. So I had them make a craft to send over and then we went shopping. The shopping proved difficult because there's only so much space in a persons suitcase traveling to Ethiopia, so they had to be small gifts. Plus it's the first gift we will ever give them, so it HAS to be perfect right? Or maybe I should just RELAX! Eh, that will never happen. Anyway, I'll try and post some pics of the care packages when we get them together.

I've spent most of the day finishing up some grant applications as there is no time like the present to get them in. I've also done a lot of pacing and eating potato chips because I'm so emotional. I've also been trying to come up with versions of their names that would be easier to pronounce for the English speaking folks. But that just a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Tonight, I am exhausted but thankful. Today is the beginning a story that I believe will have a beautiful ending.

"God sets the lonely in families..." Psalm 68:6

I am so thankful He chose my family.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That's great Kris! I will keep you in my prayers! I get so excited when I read your excitement. Hope all is well with the rest of the family.

Kate said...

Oh, God is so good! Congratulations to you all - what a beautiful family God is creating. We will be praying you pass smoothly through court in July and have your babies in arm by August! Peace, love & protection over all 6 of you!

Anonymous said...

Kris-
I saw your comment on our blog! Congratulations!! I will have to read up on your blog to get your full story!

Steph

Kate said...

Thinking about you this morn and sending up prayers for your babies! This wait is going to be a killer. With Elle, we only waited 8 weeks after we saw her beautiful face -- the projection of 5 months seems impossible to endure -- praying for a mountain-moving miracle for us both!