Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nesting

Now that I have stopped freaking out and started eating and sleeping on a bit more of a normal schedule, I've started focusing my efforts on getting our home ready for the new additions. There's lots to do and now that I know a baby's coming and I won't be able to get anything done around here for like the next three years, I'm going to town.

I mowed the lawn and power washed the deck this afternoon. I plan to stain the deck and clean out the nursery this week. I have high hopes of painting it too, but let's just slow down the truck here and do one thing at a time! I'll try and post some before and after pics of the rooms as I get them ready.

I'm starting to feel a lot more relaxed and excited and less shocked now that six days have gone by. We announced at church that we had received "the call" and I could barely speak because I was all choked up. Other than that episode I've been holding it together for the most part.

I sent in two pre-applications for grants I found online and one application is ready to mail and another one I hope to finish tomorrow and then I know of one more I want to apply to that I haven't started yet. So, we have some progress in the application process, which feels good.

So, I'm doing all I can do from here. But there's a lot that I can't do. Good news is: God can do it. So please pray...

1. for the kiddos in ET. For health, safety, comfort, and understanding as they hear about us for the first time

2. For our court date to be scheduled soon and that we would pass court before the rainy season court closures

3. For Noah and Lydia. That they would feel special and loved through all this and that their hearts would be ready to love their new siblings like crazy

4. That we would be able to find someone willing to take our care packages and photos over to the ET kids.

5. That God would provide the remaining funds we need to pick up our children and get them home.

We are so thankful for what God has done for us and in us over that last several years as He has prepared our hearts for this journey. Our God is good and kind and I know that the peace I have right now comes from Him.

No comments: