Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby Min is healthy and strong!

After an agonizing weekend we received word from Minalush's physician that her lungs are clear and she is doing well now. Phew, I can breathe again. God is good!

I often wonder what would have happened to our beautiful girl if she had not been at our agency's transition home during this sickness. She may not have had any access to medical care or the necessary medications. I recently read that there are 3 physicians per 100,000 people in Ethiopia. I also read that the top causes of early childhood deaths in Ethiopia are pneumonia and diarrhea.

I feel so blessed that our children are cared for so well by our agency staff. I recently heard that many of the nannies stay well past the time they are paid to be there because they love the children so much.

Does a mama's heart good!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's awesome! God is strong and mighty!